Loving The Summer
Today is a lovely day to be out by the pool enjoying the sun, the light breeze and a nice glass of iced tea. I am very much celebrating the weekend, and simply loving life today with not a care in the world. I have been thinking of a few home improvement projects I would like to accomplish this coming fall, and am already trying to think of ways I can procrastinate my way out of doing them. hehe. I am the queen of procrastination.
So in efforts to keep myself accountable, I thought I would blog out my list of thing I would like to have done around the house, and then try to report on them as I get them completed over the next year. I don’t think I will be doing everything as a DIY, so I will be hiring some of this to be done. I know my limits, and there are some things that are best left up to the professionals. I for sure don’t like when things appear as if they were done by an amateur.
I am not sure if I will be able to do all of these things as I know the list is already bigger than the budget, but I figure if I list them out then I can pick and choose which ones become more of a priority
On with the list….in no specific order, simply how they came to my mind
- Clean the gutters (I need to do this before fall gets here and fills them up again)
- Have the outside trim of the house painted
- Replace the railing and spindles on the stairs (currently they are looking dated)
- Paint the guest room
- Have a new fence put in, or possibly just power wash and restain the current fence
- Garage Floor (either stain, or put down epoxy flooring)
- Wash all windows (inside and out)
- Have a landscaper come in and redo the flower beds in the front of the house.
- Have a landscaper come and redo the landscaping in the back yard.
- Paint the front door red. (Not sure why, but I have always wanted a red door)
- Get new patio furniture for the pool area
Ok, that is a pretty huge list already, and I know I will not be able to get most of it completed, but I am going to really set my mind to do as much as I can to save some money, and also just to see what I am made of. I am woman hear me roar. lol
Time to Jump In
The sun is beating down, and my iced tea is nearly gone, I think it is time to close down this blog post for now and take a dip in the pool too cool off. If I think of more things to add to the list I will come back and update this post. I will do my best to keep you updated with pictures and posts as I do start completing and checking these items off of my list. Let the games begin.
Until then I you will find me in the pool. 🙂 Have a great weekend y’all!